An obit of Peter F. Drucker in Businessweek. Salient featues:
* Drucker was born to extremely wealthy and socially influential parents in Austria. Shifted to US in 1930s.
* His big break came when he studied the GM corporation.
* His ideas have formed the foundation of management as a science.
* Instead of trying to be a bookish person like most other academics, he interfaced really well with industry via consultancy projects.
* Towards the end of his 95 year old life, his intellectual capabiliites started waning and his influence in management was called into question